Recently added item(s)
Android Smart TV Latest 2020
- Latest Android Smart TV from LG, Samsung, Mi, Micromax, TCL, Sony, Onida, Kodak
- Most folks are very familiar with Android, Google’s operating system that dominates the smartphone world. Did you know that there’s a version of Android for TVs, though? If not, don’t feel bad. Android TV has something of a checkered past, and it’s only now getting some serious attention thanks to partnerships with high-profile TV makers like Sony, Philips, and TCL. Android Smart TV Latest 2020
- What exactly is Android TV? How is it different from the Android that runs your phone or tablet? Why, in a world where we already have Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and even Google’s own Chromecast devices, do we need yet another smart TV and media streaming platform?
- Here’s what you need to know about Android TV. Android Smart TV Latest 2020
- Android TV — as you may have guessed from the name — is a version of Google’s Android mobile operating system that has been specially configured for TVs. That description, however, doesn’t really convey how different Android TV is from Android. Android Smart TV Latest 2020
- Android TV puts a focus on helping you discover the content you can enjoy on your TV — whether it’s through one of your subscription services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or Google Play Music, or from your own personal media collection via media center software like Plex. Android Smart TV Latest 2020
- Because of that focus, Android TV looks very different from Android. Instead of being greeted by a screen full of apps or widgets like search, weather, or stocks, your device’s media apps are displayed as “ribbons” — a horizontally scrolling set of recommendations and recently viewed content from within a particular app.
- The Netflix app, for instance, will show you a ribbon of thumbnails from your in-progress, watch next, and recommended shows and movies.
- Android TV can access the Google Play app store, where you’ll find thousands of apps that have been designed specifically for Android TV’s 10-foot experience, which means you won’t be struggling to read tiny text or trying to navigate apps that only work when you can swipe with a finger. Android Smart TV Latest 2020
- Embedded within every version of Android TV is the Google Assistant, which gives you voice control for your TV content, as well as all of your smart home products. Google’s Chromecast technology is also included, letting you cast videos and initiate screen sharing from compatible smartphones, browsers, and apps.
- Much like the Roku OS, Amazon’s Fire TV OS, or Apple’s tvOS, Android TV supports a wide variety of TV features, like 4K UltraHD, HDR, and Dolby Atmos. Whether or not you can take advantage of these features will depend on the device that has Android TV installed. The hardware (and your chosen app) must support these features before Android TV lets you use them.
- Android TV is Google’s current smart TV and media streaming platform, but it wasn’t the company’s first kick at this can: Google TV was an early attempt to create a smart TV experience. When that project eventually fell under Google’s axe in 2015, most of the development work was funneled into Android TV, which had been released the previous year.
- While it’s possible to use basic Android TV features without a Google account, if you want to download additional apps or use the Google Assistant, a Google account is required. You’ll be asked to enter your Google account when you first set up your Android TV device. If you already own another Android device like a phone or tablet, you can use it to speed up the setup process.
- You’ll be asked to choose a Wi-Fi network (if you don’t have an Ethernet connection), and answer a few questions about locations and preferences some of which will vary by device type. At the end of the short process, you’ll arrive at the Android TV home screen.